Email name plays a vital role in building your image in front of others. This is the very first thing that comes in the eyes of the receiver when you email them. So, keeping name error-free and according to the nature of your work is of prime importance. Sometimes people use crazy or childish names or do some mistakes in spellings that don’t go well with the work requirements. If you or any of your known ones facing the same issue. Then, here is your solution.
Do you know what is Email name & Google Name :
Most people often confused between these two. So before going to learn about the steps. First, know about Email name and Google name. Email name is just another name of the sender’s name. In simple words, it is your Email Address that ends with “.com” And on the other hand, google account name is the name by which your profile is identified. This includes your first name and last name for gmail inlog.
Steps to Change Email Name Only:
If you are seeking a guide, that will help you in changing a name. Then, go behind below mentioned steps. (Please use the browser for this process.)
- Step 1: Open > Gmail home page.
- Step 2 : Fill your credentials > Click > Sign in.
- Step 3: Now, Go to > account settings
- Step 4: Now, go to the gear icon clicking > Open it.
- Step 5: Scroll down in the menu > click on Settings.
- Step 6: If you are a Gmail account user then, select > Accounts and Import tab.
If you are a G Suite account user then, click > Accounts tab.
- Step 7: Scroll down to Send mail as an option, click on > edit info given after the email name you wish to change.
- Step 8: Enter your new name detail in the name box.
- Step 9: Now, click on the Select button given next to your new display name.
- Step 10: Hit on > Save Changes to finish.
Steps to Change Your Google Name :
If you want to make changes in your Google account name. Then, this paragraph will guide you well. Once, you make any changes in this name, your email name will also change. (Unlike above you can use these steps on both Android and iOS Gmail App.)
- STEP 1: Open the home page of Google.
- STEP 2: Now, Log in > Gmail account.
- STEP 3: Now > Click > Personal info given at the left sidebar on your screen.
- STEP 4: Open > Profile and click on the NAME option.
- Step 5: Here, you will see a pencil icon.
- Step 6: Click on it to change/ edit your current name.
- Step 7: Fill your new name in the box.
- Step 8: And click on the > DONE button > To save the action.
Points to remember:
Gmail Posteingang gives you the option of changing your name numerous times. But a maximum of 3 in the time period of 60 seconds. And if your account is less than 2 weeks old then, this restriction is not for you.